The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Crack is WACK!!!!!
Lights flash, alarm sounds. "Teachers, boy and girls, we are under a tornado watch. Please take appropriate cover"

Immediately the boys and girls know what to do. They all get under the desks…they're a lil nervous, but it's all under control. The classroom upstairs has to come downstairs and hunker down with us. Ms. B brings in her 5th grade class and we accommodate the children accordingly.

Ms. B. teaches a 5th grade ESE inclusion class. She has a young man by the name of Robert. Robert is a big boy. He's 12 years old and in 5th grade. He's got facial hair, the voice of Barry White and man boobs [he's got bigger boobs than me].

Anywho, my class is all quiet, they're underneath their desks...we begin to show and tell Ms. B's kids where to sit. Now, they have to kneel, cover their heads and get into a fetal position. Ohhhhh LAWD...getting Robert to do that was not going to happen.

"Ms. M, Ms. B, I can't do that"

Ms. B. responded, "Robert, you have to, come on, hurry"

We can hear the administrators next door, they're walking around to make sure that the drill is going accordingly.

"Ms. B, I can't cover my head"

"Okay Robert, don't cover your head just kneel and hunker down"

Robert knelt and hunkered down...

I walk over to look at Robert to make sure he's okay and I start to laugh...the next thing that comes outta my mouth is...

"Robert pull your shirt down, cuz crack is wack"

I lost it, Ms. B, lost it, the kids lost it and my Assistant Principal who was now standing next to me lost it! All we could do was laugh. Robert looked up at me and said

"Ms. M. I guess my new nickname is going to have to be cracky" he was laughing...what a good kid...

This was how I began my day...
posted by MsApples @ 5:06:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER