The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Storytime...
I'm so glad that I went out with LexLu on Friday night! I have spent the entire day on Saturday sick in bed. Just when I thought I was getting better I get a relapse. WTF?!?!?! I just made me a cup of ginger tea--sipped on it slowly... letting it warm up my insides....ahhh felt wonderful, and I decided to get up...don't feel like staying in bed any longer.

It's been 20 months since I last when out on a date--and yes 20 months since I have been intimate with a man--I've had many offers to go out and I have declined. My past break-up was one that truly hurt and scarred me. I haven't declared war on men, I am just very cautious.

I didn't think that Kevin's affairs would have such on affect on me and the trust that I have in men. Don't get me wrong...I am the biggest flirt on God's green Earth, I just won't cross the line and go out on a date. There has only been one instance in that I would have gone out, but he was in another state, another dimension...not close to home...and I have sworn to myself that I would never have another LDR since Kevin. Thank goodness I have friends that love me and convinced me that this was the thing to do...go out, have a good time, meet new papis...THEY ARE NOT ALL LIKE KEVIN...thanks guys...I love you for putting up with my indecsiveness...and convincing me to go out and date once again.


Anywho, I met up with LexLu on Friday night at Don Shula's Steak House Restaurant. He was already there, I was running a lil late, traffic in Miami on a Friday night is HORRIBLE!!! I called him to let him know that I was making the turn into the restaurant and he saw me. I parked and he came to open the door for me [Hmmm a gentleman I thought--I like]. Took my hand and helped me outta the car and gave me a kiss and a hug...grabbed my hand and twirled me around [yea, you know they have to check out the booty].

We both agreed that it would be casual. I wore a pair of nice fitting jeans and a brown crocheted top and brown high-heeled pumps. He looked as just as handsome as his picture. He was wearing jeans and a guayabera...oooh and BTW he smelled soooo good.

Walked into the restaurant, there was a 20-30 minture wait. Decided to go to the bar and order drinks. Great convo...great chemistry...great all around, he exuded this confidence that was sexy...alluring!!! He had me laughin, he had my attention the entire time. I dont like a man that's dull & boring...I love a man with jokes--a sense of humor...that tells me that I can pull out my bag of tricks and be my crazy self too. Throughout out convo, he would reach out and touch my hand, touch my hair and tell me that I was much prettier and defintely sexier in person than in my pics..[if you haven't caught on by now, we meet via personals], that made me smile. We talked about work, told me how his day was...we talked about me, about the court hearing, my kids, my family...then they let us know our table is ready...we take our drinks and we're seated.

Our server came and took our order...and we talked and talked and talked -- in fact we never even realized when our food was brought to the table...we were that connected and that into one another that it was just us the entire evening.

Sadly, dinner came to an end...and I promised myself that it would only be dinner on the first date. He walked me to my car, I thanked him for dinner and for the wonderful convo, company...told him I couldnt wait for our next outing together...he mentioned that next time he's bringing his bike and his extra helmut so that we can go riding by the beach and he's going to cook dinner for me at his place...I told him that I would love that and I would be looking forward to seeing him again.


He grabbed my waist, pulled me close and kissed me. Soft, slow and deep....mmmmmm DAYUM!!! I was a little dizzy there for a second...I somehow had forgotten how a kiss can make me feel...WOW...he softly stroked my hair and kissed my neck....I was butter BUTTER I tell you melting at his touch...I smiled...gave him a hug and got into my car and gasped for air and paused to think ... what a way to end a wonderful evening....

He called me to make sure I got home safe and sound...and has called me a couple of times to check up on me to see if I needed anything...I like...I like...BUT I am going to be ooooh so careful.


posted by MsApples @ 9:05:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER