The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Thursday, May 11, 2006
Mom-isms....

A little "birdy" told me!

A little soap & water never killed anybody.

Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.

Are you going out dressed like that?

Answer me when I ask you a question!

Am I talking to a brick wall?

Are you deaf or something?

Call me when you get there, just so I know you're okay.

Did you brush your teeth?

Did you flush?

Do you think I'm made of money?

Don't ask me WHY. The answer is NO.

Don't cross your eyes or they'll freeze that way.

Don't EVER let me catch you doing that again!

Don't pick that scab, it'll get infected.

Don't use that tone with me!

Don't sit too close to the television, it'll ruin your eyes.

Don't talk with your mouth full!

How many times do I have to tell you?

I can't believe you did that!

How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it?

I brought you into this world, and I can take you right back out!

I can't believe you can sleep in this filth!

I said CLOSE the door, I did not say SLAM it.

I would have never talked to MY mother like that!

If I want your opinion I'll ask for it!

I hope someday you have children just like you.

I just want what's best for you.

I'm going to give you until the count of three...

I'm not your maid!

It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust everyone else.

Life isn't fair

Nobody asked you.

Put that down! You don't know where it's been!

Shut your mouth and eat.

What do you think, money grows on trees?

What did I say the FIRST time?

What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?

What part of NO don't you understand?

You are getting on my last nerve.

When you have your own house then you can make the rules!

You just ate an hour ago!

You'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your shoulders!

My favs....

You will ALWAYS be my baby.

I will always love you - no matter what.
posted by MsApples @ 5:37:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness, these are hysterical. I believe mothers from all over the world regardless of culture, background, language say these mom-isms.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER