The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Friday, June 30, 2006
home....finally
After having my ass out and about the entire day....I am at my casa. I love my house, I love my room, I love my living roon, I love my dining room, I love my kitchen, I love my garage, I love my bathroom....ahhhhhhhhhh I just love every knook and cranny.

Ya know I almost lost the house after my divorce. I couldn't keep up the mortgage payments. When Antonio left [well, I did kick him out], he left me with 2 mortgages ... 2 mortgages that were bleeding the life outta me.

I was late for an entire year with the mortgages. I even considered letting the house go into foreclosure...but something deep inside me said to buckle down, start making extra cash by tutoring, selling Avon, typing term papers for college students ... and 7 years later here I am standing strong with great credit, and MY house.


The boys will never know how hard I've had it. How hard it was to put food on the table, clothes on their back, and pay the bills....oooh and how can I forget. Antonio also took the car from me. I was left without a car! Coach Oliver would come by everyday and drive the boys and I to school -- thank goodness we worked at the same school and the boys attended school with me--and he only lives a couple of blocks from the house.

Well, it wasn't for long that I didn't have a car. I will never forget, all of us were at my dad's house, this was the night of mom's wake...the house was full of family, friends and neighbors. One of my mom's friends was sitting next to my dad and was asking him if he knew of anyone that needed a car, because she had just bought a new one and wanted to give hers to someone that was in need. She told dad that it was in pretty good condition, all it needed was a tune up.

Well, that evening, I didn't have to get a ride home, I drove home in a funky ass yellow 1987 Chervolet Cavalier and to boot, the car had 41,000 original miles. It was a true blessing from God above.

I stayed with that car for 3.5 years. When it rained, we would get puddles 3 inches deep, I had to cut a hole on the floor board so that the water would drain; it only had AM radio...the A/C would mess up every now and again, but dammit it was mine, I didn't have a car payment and I didn't have to ask anyone for hand-outs or help.

Wow, I look back and I have come a long way. I walk proud, I stand strong.

I cried myself to sleep many a night back then. I cried because I thought that everything was my fault. I cried for my children. I cried because I was played. I often ask myself why things turned out the way they did...and you know what...I don't have an answer and I don't think that I ever will.


Hey...how did I get off the subject of my house. My beautiful house...but more than that, my home. This is the place were love reigns...this is the place where love is paramount...this is the place where memories are made and will never be forgotten...this is the place where I feel safe...this is the place that God has granted me. Here I raise my children in love.

besos mi gente.
posted by MsApples @ 9:26:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're a strong latina that has gone through so much and is still standing. I applaude you and your courage to continue striving for your children and your livelihood.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER