The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
memories of Cuba...

Daddy in the middle - Sierra Maestra, Cuba 1959

Nuria, Daddy, Miriam, Mommy - La Habana, Cuba 1958

Daddy & Mommy - La Habana, Cuba 1956

It's so funny, coincidental perhaps that all this political unfolding is taking place in Cuba, while I have been collecting pics for my Dad's video presentation. Just yesterday my sister Mayra and I were discussing how different it would have been for us had Castro not taken power...ahhhh but the would haves, the should haves....that won't do a thing for us now.

I look at these photos and I see a happy family...a loving family...but I guess that was going to happen regardless of where they lived or where they ended up

...and where we ended up was in NYC...where I was born a year and a half after they arrived to the USA.

ahhh, I'm emotional today...

this is my hope, my prayer for the Cubans living in Cuba...

My hope is that the people in Cuba, millions of people that have been kept in the dark for nearly half a century, will finally get to see the light. Let the Cuban people finally be able to live a new day in perfect sunshine from without and from within.

Besos mi gente...
posted by MsApples @ 12:43:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER