| Thursday, February 16, 2006 |
| When do we act our age? |
Main Entry: 1ma·ture Pronunciation: m&-’tur, -’tyur also -’chur Function: adjectiveInflected Form(s): ma·tur·er; -est Etymology: Middle English, from Latin maturus ripe; akin to Latin mane in the morning, manus good 1 : based on slow careful consideration mature judgment> 2 a (1) : having completed natural growth and development : RIPE (2) : having undergone maturation b : having attained a final or desired state mature wine> c : having achieved a low but stable growth rate mature industry> 3 a : of or relating to a condition of full development b : characteristic of or suitable to a mature individual mature outlook> 4 : due for payment mature loan> 5 : belonging to the middle portion of a cycle of erosion- ma·ture·ly adverb
That 2 a is ringing hard in my brain...to be honest, I really don’t have much to say on this topic.
Then why post the definition? Well, stay with me, bear with me, I have been talking to a friend and they are going through some shit with someone who I just want to tell them… grow the fuck up. I know that everyone matures at a different rate. That is just life and all of the situations that we have been through.
My question is…by the time we reach our 40's, shouldn’t we be passed the stuff that we did in elementary school, middle school, high school? When do we let things go? When do we become the bigger man or woman in a situation?
Yes, we have all been hurt, but acting like a spoiled rotten brat doesn’t mean that you are showing yourself in a positive light...and trying to turn a group of people against one person…that makes you look like an asshole.
In all honesty, we all have shit that has hurt us. We have all had to eat the humble pie that we have dished out for ourselves.
Hmph!
I really have an issue with the person who is believing the spoiled brat’s behavior. I really want to say grow the fuck up yourself, because it speaks highly of your mentality.
Okay, I have vented…and I feel better. I will never understand immaturity….and I really can’t stand it in “grown ass people”. |
posted by MsApples @ 5:44:00 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Well we can use the excuses, or we can make the change. We need to have more accountability than we do.
if you tell this person to grow up, then you will be cast as judgemental and non caring for their dilemma.
I just tell them I do not want to hear their petty crap anymore.....
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Counter |
|
| MsApples Publishing |
|
|
| Links |
|
|
| Powered by |
 |
|
Well we can use the excuses, or we can make the change. We need to have more accountability than we do.
if you tell this person to grow up, then you will be cast as judgemental and non caring for their dilemma.
I just tell them I do not want to hear their petty crap anymore.....