The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Monday, September 11, 2006
Mama can you hear me...Happy Birthday to you!

Let me preface by saying that today has been quite an emotional one... Today we mark the 5th anniversary of 9/11 and that in itself had me pensive and distraught...BUT today would have also been my mom's 72nd birthday. I just got back from the cemetary and I placed yellow roses on her grave.

I want my mom. I want to look into her eyes, see her love for me, feel how she believes in me... I want to walk away knowing I can take on the world. I miss her calm. I miss the way she could put everything in perspective when nothing made sense. I miss the way her encouragement wrapped me like a blanket and she could reassure me that things would in fact work out. I long for her advice, her laugh, her warmth. My children's lives would be richer too if she were still here, no question about it.


I miss you Mama. Happy Birthday!

Maria L. Mora
September 11, 1934 - January 12, 1997


Besos mi gente..
posted by MsApples @ 6:09:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER