The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Saturday, November 10, 2007
green-eyed monster.....
I had a hunky-dory time last night at the fiesta for our principal. We surprised her with a "we're gonna miss you" video, songs, skits and gifts.

Carlette [my singing buddy], Ilena [my friend] and I prepared a couple of lyrical numbers to celebrate her promotion. To our dismay, the restaurant only provided two microphones. We specifically asked for three to avoid any monopolizing of the microphone...but you don't always get what you ask for!

Well, Carlette and I sang our first song...perhaps you've peeked in on it...its under 'my videos' titled the dream song. That went off marvelously, folx even claimed to have gotten goose bumps as we belted it out. As we came down from the stage, Ileana immediately comes running towards me and says, you're giving me YOUR mic when WE sing...yours was perfect. I want everyone to hear me. I nod, sit at my table next to Nancy and she and I toast. CLINK

The program moves along...we're actually making good time. The MC calls the next number to the stage. Ileana literally runs on to the stage and grabs the mic. Carlette gets hers. I'm left without a mic, which was expected, but I figured we'd [Ileana and I] share. I stand next to her, ready. Ric cues the music. As the music begins, SHE literally holds the mic up close, and you can tell that she's not ready to let it out of her sight. Carlette gives me the look...I can tell she wanted for me to nonchalantly walk around and just disregard her deed. But because of the venue we were in, the stage wasn't quite as spacious, so getting around to the other side wasn't as easy as it looked. I smiled at Carlette, gave her a wink, and graciously stepped off to the side. Now remember, this is going on in front of a good 80 people or so, I wasn't about to make a scene or anything of that nature.

As Carlette and Ileana sang the song..."The Way We Were", Nancy was giving me the hand gesture to move back on to the stage and sing. I just stood there and smiled and ever so slightly nodded no. Carlette sang beautifully...Ileana just screamed into the mic, attempting to overpower and out due Carlette. Three minutes on stage seemed like an eternity. Song is over with....the crowd applauds...and I return to my table and grab my Captain Morgan's and Coke. Carlette comes up to me and is shaking her head..."gurl, you should've stood next to me" I grinned..."naw, chica, I'm cool, don't worry"
Ileana then has the nerve to tell me that I intentionally messed up the mic so that she would sound bad. I turned and looked at her and walked away. I wasn't in the mood for drama, in fact all I wanted was a night out with adults and enjoy myself.

Well, to make a looooooooooooong ass story short, Ileana ended up leaving early...I ate, danced and drank until my old bones gave me license to do so. I'm getting too gray-haired and senile for the drama and the negative energies people put out. Some things are just not worth battling over...and a mic was one of them.


Anywho....HAPPY SATURDAY everyone...I'm off to start laundry. Thank God its a three-way weekend.. WOO HOO!!!

Besos mi gente...

posted by MsApples @ 5:31:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER