| Monday, December 03, 2007 |
| i don't have much to say... |
SIGH
The boys asked me if we could go to Sean Taylor's funeral today at FIU. FIU is but a hop, skip and a jump from my school, so I told them, yes. They went to school with me this a.m. and I took a half day so that we could attend.
They had the stadium tastefully arranged...areas were sectioned off for family, friends, HS alumni, UM alumni, Washington Redskins and for the many fans that paid their respects.
The mood of the stadium was hushed, still...it was grieving the loss of such a young and talented man.
I cried...the boys cried...
I felt his mama's pain, his daddy's loss, his girlfriend's suffering. His little girl would grow up not knowing her daddy...not remembering his touch, his embrace...
The eulogies given by teammates, neighbors and friends had me sobbing.
They arrested 4 suspects ..three 17 year olds and a 20 year old.
R.I.P. Sean Taylor... |
posted by MsApples @ 12:45:00 PM  |
|
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Counter |
|
| MsApples Publishing |
|
|
| Links |
|
|
| Powered by |
 |
|