The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Sunday, November 25, 2007
drum roll please......
I've officially become my mother. I am a nag!

According to the latest reports from my sons, I am a nag. To hear that word come out of their mouths was upsetting, even disturbing. I don't want to nag; I really don't—sometimes I even get on my own nerves. But there are times when I feel if I am not being listened to...selective listening is what I call it! If I don't remind Antonio or Andre about taking out the garbage or cleaning their bathroom or their rooms, the job just won't get done.

SIGH

I guess my nagging ways must come to an end —eyes rolling, voice whining, fingers pointing, etc. I remember hating my mother's "tongue lashings," and the way I dealt with it was by tuning her out...hey, guess what the boys are doing? Which, in turn, causes even more nagging by me, because I'm not being listened to!!!

Okay...things need to change...in other words I need to change my ways, my tactics on how to get things done around here. Or just do everything myself and let the nagging cease and desist in my household. I'm old, I'm not dealing well with the drama...I just want everyone and everything to flow accordingly.

Ahhhh, there's nothing like being the mom of two teenage boys! Is it too early for a drink?!?!

posted by MsApples @ 5:26:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER