| Monday, June 05, 2006 |
| unbeautiful |
I have worked hard to come to this place. The place where I can choose to reach into my darkness and embrace it, instead of hide it away. Sometimes I do not like to stay there long because what I find frightens me terribly...my dark beauty.
Yesterday, I stayed long and took pictures. I do not usually like to talk about my journey, what brought me here. Many of my closest friends do not know the details of my life, but they know me...the being...that I do not hide. I love sharing myself, just not the trappings. Often I find it is hard for others [or myself for that matter] to remain present and not get wrapped up in the drama [judgment].
Perhaps, I am feeling brave today. I feel it might be a good time to share some of my trappings. I feel supported and know I will be heard. Even if it is just by me. Some of the times I have felt unbeautiful:
-when i was 7 years old my sister's and parents would make fun of my nose and hair...they said I was adopted, that I wasn't part of the family--they said I had a nigga nose and that my hair would never be pretty like theirs...
-when my dad accused/hit me/yelled at me for letting my sister runaway from home at the age of 18 to be with her boyfriend -- I locked the door behind her, I was only 13.
-when I was dating Pierre and he attempted to have sex with me when I didn't want to--he put all his weight on me and reached down between my legs and hurt me. I pulled away and ran out of the house, crying uncontrollably--to this day, I don't remember driving home.
Generally, I've felt unbeautiful when I have believed someone else's truth over my own. It is a good lesson. For I have also found I feel beautiful when I accept my own truth, knowing it will change and I will accept it anew. Right now, I AM BEAUTIFUL.
Besos, mi gente. |
posted by MsApples @ 11:07:00 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
you're one of the most beautiful women i know...
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Counter |
|
| MsApples Publishing |
|
|
| Links |
|
|
| Powered by |
 |
|
you're one of the most beautiful women i know...