The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Monday, December 18, 2006
Christmas meme

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Neither...Puerto Rican Coquito

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Huh? What? UNwrapped presents, are you kidding? Always wrap!!!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Always colors, always small bulbs, always individual twinkle. Never all flashing at the same time.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Lechon asado, arroz y frijoles negros.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: You can't possibly expect that there is one memory. I had a glorious childhood.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I guess I was about 8...I was traumatized, don't want to discuss it.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just one. Yeah...

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Everybody gets a new ornament each year. We're almost to the point where they exceed the number of regular bulbs. We use large bulbs in two colors, red and gold.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? One of the reasons I now live in MIA are because of the snow...so I guess I dread it, huh?

12. Can you ice skate? Nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The favorite gift I ever received was my Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family, friends and fun...oooh and the time off from work!!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Flan

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hmmmmm, well, hanging our ornaments together on the tree.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving for sure.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Jesus is the Reason by Kirk Frankln. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas sung by Luther Vandross. Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano.

20. Candy canes: What about them?!?!

21. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story. 'You'll shoot your eye out"

22. What do you leave for Santa? Chocolate chip cookies and chocolate milk. My favorite!!!

posted by MsApples @ 10:17:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER