| Monday, January 01, 2007 |
|
There’s a delicious looking cake in the window of the bakery. It's been teasing me for months with its remarkably enticing richness. In fact, I often find my eyes lingering a little too long each time I pass by and when I do, I almost always notice something new about it, something that makes my mouth water, something that fills me with desire.
However, even if this tantalizing decadence tastes as good as it looks, such seductive sweetness can’t possibly be good for me. Such things are for the young and the foolish. I’ve been both, having indulged my appetite with a few such guilty pleasures before. Likewise, those experiences taught me that no matter how slowly I savor it, my satisfaction will be brief. Ultimately, I’ll be left with an empty carton and regret.
Yet, the more I resist, the more it seeks me out. When it returns my gaze, it seems to want to delight me more than anyone else. When it stands close enough to touch, when it wraps it’s arms around me, when it whispers temptations in my ear … my thoughts blur, my skin warms, and I can barely hold myself steady.
Oh, how I long to surrender.
Mmmm, besos mi gente... |
posted by MsApples @ 8:17:00 PM  |
|
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Counter |
|
| MsApples Publishing |
|
|
| Links |
|
|
| Powered by |
 |
|