The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Sunday, March 25, 2007
I'm all dressed for church this mornin'. Daddy is coming with us again today. He's been coming with us ever since his split. My daddy likes the church my sisters and I attend...even though the service is in English, he can pretty much understand everything that's being said. I know that he misses going to his church, but he doesn't want to run into his estranged wife and goodness knows listen to gossip amongst some of the folks. I can also tell that he misses singing in the choir and ushering, that was a big part of his church ministry. I know that his way of dealing with his loss, is saying he's old now, so let the youth that's coming up take care of those duties. It it breaks my heart to see him feeling 'outta the loop'.



I've spoken to Rick quite a few times since he arrived in NC for his mom's services. He sounds like his handling 'it', considering everything that has transpired. The funeral will be on Thursday, they're still tying up of a couple of loose ends, and waiting for family and friends to arrive from out of town. Goodness knows my heart goes out to all of Rick's family; dealing with the death of a parent is a life altering experience. Been there, done that.



I'm going to finish sipping my ginger tea and putting on my make-up so I can head out the door for 10:00 service. I'm wishing everyone a beautiful Sunday mornin'.



Besos mi gente...












P.S. I will leave you with The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir's "My Help Cometh From the Lord" I've sung this moving song with my choir, on many a Sunday mornin'...and a couple of my favorite songs that help lift my spirit in times of sorrow...Enjoy!!





posted by MsApples @ 7:56:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER