| Thursday, June 07, 2007 |
|
Someone once told me a story, about these little jars...glass jars with corked tops...that women would use to collect their tears in while their loves were away at sea or at war or on a journey. Tears are heavy...tears are cleansing...tears are symbolic...tears are the mind, body and soul’s way to express what can’t be said, what can't be put into words. Pure unadulterated emotion and love in a tiny glass vase, worn around the neck, tapping close to the heart as a battle is won, a discovery is made, a destiny reached. The tiny jars are overflowing today.
My little jars are all labeled. One for loves lost. One for friends found. One for coffee spilled. One for the laundry I must fold. One for things I should have done. One for people I never met. One for the stain on my rug. One for the baby books I should have kept. One for the shampoo I ran out of. One for the socks I can’t match. One for babies I did not have. One for the men I love. One for the women I adore.
The jars are clinking and cluttering my mind as I shake off the cobwebs. A river release, a ragging torrent, a tsunami is underway and I’m letting it flow through my life freely not pushing it, not rushing. It’s temporary, this I know...a few more days and the seasonal stream will be gone.
I don’t fear these tears. I don’t have any ill will toward the jars collecting. I’m laughing and I have no doubt I’ll emerge to sweep those tiny jars off my counters and tables with a mighty crash...maybe, just maybe saving a few to remind me where I was-but not before defiantly crunching them into the ground.
Besos mi gente... |
posted by MsApples @ 7:11:00 AM  |
|
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Counter |
|
| MsApples Publishing |
|
|
| Links |
|
|
| Powered by |
 |
|