| Sunday, January 20, 2008 |
| waiting... |
I hate hospitals, I hate the smell of hospitals, I hate walking into a hospital and yet I spent my entire day sitting in a hospital. I sat the waiting room, in the hospital cafeteria waiting...waiting to hear the news that my son's father would make it through the day.
We woke up to a really surprising morning...the news that my son's father suffered a heart attack in the early hours of Sunday awoke me, I was aback with the call, it felt like someone dropped a bombshell in my room . I quickly gathered the boys and told them of the situation at hand. It wasn't easy to look into their eyes and tell them where we were headed and for the moment, the information that had been given to me wasn't quite clear. All I knew was we were headed to Homestead Hospital room 2005 CICU wing. Andre began to tear up and I held him tightly, called Antonio over and the three of us held hands and prayed. We called upon the Lord and his wondrous mercies, I prayed for strength..I prayed that their father would be alright. The boys got dressed as fast as they could, they grabbed a juice and yogurt and we headed out the door.
I got to the hospital in speed time. Dropped them off at the entrance while I parked the car. When I arrived to the 2nd floor, the boys had already entered, so I sat in the waiting room. I called my dad, my sis and told them of the happenings. While waiting, I read, I drank cafe, I prayed that would make it. It felt strange...yet again, I knew that I had to be here for Antonio and Andre.
An hour went by and the boys still hadn't come out to tell me anything. I didn't feel it was my place to walk in and ask either. I figured, when the boys know what's happening, they will come out and let me know. So, I just sat and waited. Twenty minutes or so later, Andre walks out and tells me that they have his dad stabilized and that even though they have him hooked up to all kinds of tubes and stuff, that he doesn't look or sound that bad. I smiled...gave him a big hug and a kiss. Then, outta nowhere...he says "Mama, will you go in and see my dad"? For a second there I froze...but I quickly responded "Sure, papi, if you want me to see your dad, I will go". He walked me into the corridor, and showed me where the room was. I knocked on the door, and walked in. Antonio was there...he was smiling. Their father acknowledged me and looked astonished to say the least...I stood at the foot of the bed "I've been praying for you, and I sincerely want you to get better" I told him. He nodded and I quietly left the room. Andre was waiting for me outside and I told him to stay as long as they could.
Others showed up to visit their dad...his wife, his other kids and friends of the family. I sat quietly in my lil corner of the waiting room without uttering a word. Just sitting & waiting. At one point, Antonio and Andre came out and told me they were hungry. The three of us ventured down to the hospital cafeteria for some chow. There the boys seemed a bit more at ease. They had spoken to the nurses and the doctor and they felt that what their dad suffered was a mild heart attack, a heart attack nonetheless, but being that he was treated in a timely fashion that he would alright.
While scarfing down his food, Antonio tells me that his father really appreciated the fact that I went in to see him. The way Antonio recounts the incident is that his father said..."your mom is good people, tell her I said thanks" .
SIGH
The night has crept on me, today seems like a total blur. The good news is that the boy's father is going to make it...and for their sake, that's the only thing that matters. Whatever makes Antonio and Andre happy, makes me.
I'm going to take a nice long shower and make myself a cup of tea. I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted.
Night folks... |
posted by MsApples @ 5:01:00 PM  |
|
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Counter |
|
| MsApples Publishing |
|
|
| Links |
|
|
| Powered by |
 |
|