The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Monday, March 03, 2008
purging the anger



I attended therapy today…yeah, I had to attend another session. I honestly thought that it would be a waste of time and energy, but, this session was ACTUALLY for lack of a better word…therapeutic! LOL

It was just my ex-husband and I today. Tyrone felt that he needed to get to the core of why I felt so angry towards him…and found out he did.

Sadly, my ex-husband is probably the only person on this entire Earth that can bring out the worst in me. Seriously…I am a very loving, giving and nurturing woman, but get me in the room with this man, and I can change at a drop of a dime. I’ve been able to control and channel this anger as years have gone by, but today I learned that he’s not worth my energy, I am no longer a victim in his games…lies or deception.

Today, March 3, 2008, I let go of the anger and resentment towards him. I flushed out the bullshit. I did away with the bitterness and hate….yes, I know hate…but who am I kidding if I’m not honest with myself…right? I was able to let go of the past hurts and disloyalties. He fucked up, not me. I remember that early in my divorce, anger was my motivation to help me move on…it propelled me into new avenues that would help me financially. I was able to take on tutoring gigs that would help with the mortgage…my car payment…etc. But anger also began to take control of me. My self-esteem was suffering, my relationship with family and friends became isolated and I was feeling bitter towards everyone. I was not happy...

*SIGH*

Mi gente, today I let go of that 1000 lb. anvil sitting on my neck.... I WILL NEVER AGAIN…NEVER AGAIN, grant anyone that power over me.

Besos mi gente...

posted by MsApples @ 6:28:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER