The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Dana Reeve Dies at 44
This has truly affected me....

Dana Reeve died at 44.
I am 44.
She leaves a 13 year old son.
I have a 13 year old son.

I understand that death is a part of life...
as some have quipped, death is the only thing in life that comes with a 100% guarantee.

I realize that while our bodies are mortal...
all human beings are eternal - our soul and spirit will never die.

Our spirits - the essence of who we are - will live forever!

Yet, knowing, understanding and accepting are not insync with me right now.

I am very saddened. I feel a loss. I feel sorrow.


posted by MsApples @ 6:49:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is hard knowing you may not see the lives of your children take shape, but know that your influence will affect that. No one wants to be human, which is why we do some stupid things to prove we are still young. It is your legacy which will live on, and that is what we must ensure is capable of withstanding our deaths. Dana and her husband did that knowing they would not be around to see the fruits of their labors.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER