| Wednesday, November 22, 2006 |
| the lovely couple.... |
 Here in Florida, Publix supermarkets has a commercial that airs every Thanksgiving that I just love. It's main characters are salt and pepper shakers in shape of Pilgrims. It puts me in the mood for the Holiday! It's the only Thanksgiving ad I've seen, it seems like everyone else has already skipped it and gone on straight to Christmas....I can't wait for their two snow people who come to life on the lawn when they are plugged in for Navidad!
I bought this lovely couple 4 years ago, Kevin and I were together and he was going to spend his first Thanksgiving with us. He never showed...left for some new 'toto' ...I was devasted...and so were the boys...but the Thanksgiving feast took place as planned without his sorry ass!
Needless to say, they have become a symbol of Thanksgiving here at our casa, and they never fail to make me smile. I may forget about them during the year, but each time I see this lovely couple, I remember all the things I love about Thanksgiving, and all of the many blessings I have to be thankful for.
Without these two at the table with us, we would all feel like someone was missing!
I'm packing them in my bag...they're going to Sarasota with me this year!
Besos mi gente... |
posted by MsApples @ 7:28:00 PM  |
|
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Counter |
|
| MsApples Publishing |
|
|
| Links |
|
|
| Powered by |
 |
|