The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sana sana, culito de rana, sino se sana hoy se sanara mañana


A scrape on the knee.

A bump on the head.

A stubbed toe.

A scratch from a kitten.

I miss the simplicity of childhood when such a boo-boo could easily be made better with one well-placed kiss from mommy or daddy.

I miss believing that the adults in my life had all the answers in the world, and that there wasn’t anything that couldn’t be fixed with a little bit of TLC.

As an adult, I can no longer crawl onto my mom’s lap for her to brush the hair out of my face as I cry. Even if I sometimes secretly wish I could.

The boo-boos of adulthood are a little less physical most days, and a lot harder to fix with such simplistic and unorthodox treatment methods.

The scars are less visible, generally internal, and more often than not, permanent.

Sometimes, I just really want someone to kiss it and make it all better.

Besos mi gente...
posted by MsApples @ 12:37:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER