The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Sunday, May 13, 2007
mami...
Querida Mami,



Wow! Mami, mi vieja linda, where do I begin? It's been ten years since you've been gone..it's unbelievable. So much has happened since then. I have to tell you something mami, I got a divorce...I know that would not have made you happy...but
ma, como decias tu..."mejor sola, que mala acompañada" verdad? I'm making it...you know your Neydita, she's a survivor!





The boys, ma...they are so big...you would have loved hanging out with them. They sometimes tell me they don't remember much about you, and that saddens me. I wish they could have the awesome recuerdos that I have of you.


Te amo vieja linda. You know ma, I smell your Tabu!!! I really do. I will be in my room reading, or watching T.V. and next thing you know I can smell you!!! I can smell you mami. Then I get all teary eyed, just like I am now...and I realize how much I need you, and just how much I miss you.

I can't forget how you would dance, and make that funny sound with your mouth...or how on Saturday mornings we would listen to la Orquesta Aragon and we would all end up dancing, but you would end up dancing with the broom.



Mami, remember how you would yell at papi and tell him not to walk on your freshly mopped floors!
LOL LOL



Ay mami.....oooh and the day that you hurled the NYC Yellow Pages at Miriam LOL oooh that was hysterical....your little self tossing that huge book down the hall!


You always made sure
your "muchachitas" looked pretty...from head to toe!!! Never a day went by that folks didn't compliment your four lovely daughters. Mami...do you recall tossing out Mayra's shoes cuz they smelled like "DEATH" LOL Down the incinerator they went!!!





And the day Mayra and I were playing in the stairwell and I end up busting my tooth on Mayra's head!!! How about the day Nuria refused to eat her food and you put a mouse on her plate! LOL VIEJA LOCA!!


One day that will forever be ingrained in my mind is the day I gave birth to Andre, you were right there by my side, holding my hand and telling me to lower my voice that my screams were being heard by the entire hospital LMAO


Te extraño ma...Te amo...see you when I get there.....besos para ti.



posted by MsApples @ 4:30:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER