The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
another milestone...
Our children grow up so fast. It seems like just yesterday I was changing diapers, wiping runny noses and pulling my hair out. I'm not changing diapers or wiping runny noses anymore, BUT it seems like I want to pull my hair out more often than not nowadays! ROFL ROFL

Antonio had his ring ceremony today. He's a junior in H.S. and will not let you or anyone else forget it. He's loud and rambunctious (geez, I wonder where he gets that from??) about what he wants outta life. He's focused on where he wants to go to college and the path he wants to take. Good kid with a good head on his shoulders...he makes me proud. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, the juniors got their rings today. The school had it beautifully decorated for the kids...and believe it or not, I was pretty shocked that not very many parents showed up. This is a milestone in my son's life, there was nothing that was going to keep me from attending. Sadly, Antonio's father didn't make an appearance...WHAT'S NEW...right? But inspite of his absence, my papi had a great time.

I boo hooed watching him and his friends turn each other's rings...109 turns...oooh and ahhhh their settings and designs. It was emotional...these moments have to be treasured and shared...I am so happy I was there.

Hurrah for class of 2009!







posted by MsApples @ 10:30:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER