The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Friday, December 21, 2007
Here's wishing you a wonderful Christmas...

My family and I (boys, my dad, sisters & nephews) will be heading out early, and I mean EARLY 4 a.m. early on Saturday morning to Fanning Springs State Park up near Gainesville, Florida. Gainesville is about a 5.5 hour drive from Miami. This year, my sister Nuria wanted to do something different, and she reserved a 3 bedroom cabin for the family. We will be there until Christmas day.

Both cars will be stacked with our Noche Buena supplies. You know us Cubans have to have our lechon [pork], moros [black beans & rice], yuca con mojo [yucca & garlicky sauce], mojo [sour orange & garlic], buñelos [sweet fritters], turron [Spanish nougat], cerveza [beer], crema de vie [egg nog] and cidra [cider] in order to make our celebration traditional!

This year we won’t be having the customary pig roast. Dad went to a local supermarket and got two pork shoulders. All that needs to be done is the mojo, have it marinade for a day or two and mmmm mmmm good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it! YUMM-O LOL LOL

I’ve got the boys cleaning out the car, and packing up the suitcases and non-perishables. My alarm is set to go off at 3 a.m. I’ll take a shower, make the café and pour it in the thermos, pack the sandwiches and water in the cooler and make one final walk through to make sure that I don’t forget anything. My sister is coming over and will be leaving her car in my garage. I’ve got the GPS programmed and ready to get us to our Christmas get-a-way. We’re revved for our Noche Buena festivity to start with a bang!

Well, got to go, time to sit down for dinner, Chinese just arrived!!! Ahh, mi gente, here’s wishing you and yours, a lovely Christmas...

FELIZ NAVIDAD A TODOS!

posted by MsApples @ 2:11:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER