The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Sunday, February 12, 2006
Olympics
When it comes to the Olympics, I am a total sap. Strangely enough, even though I don't have an athletic bone in my body, I get this rush of pride when the United States wins a medal or an underdog wins when no one though they could. I love the idea that these games bring countries together. Even for just a week or two. I get a little teary when that flag enters the Olympic stadium. Told ya...sap. I've tried to talk myself out of my sappiness, it just doesn't work.


Highlights:

Hammer man - What a cool job to get to beat this anvil and watch huge fireballs fly out of it. Glad he wore a mask though. Talk about singed eyebrows!

The Olympic Rings - Though it took me a minute to figure out exactly what these huge circles were (when people were hanging from them) once they turned them sideways and shone the different colored spotlights on them - WOW! Those were one of my favorite features.

Not sure if I like the new medals. To me, they look like big CDs. Not rings

Personally, I will be looking forward to watching:

Speed skating
Bobsled
Luge
Figure skating
and the ultimate winter sport
...CURLING!

posted by MsApples @ 9:09:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER