The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Misconception

Does my weakened state entice you? Make you see me as a helpless damsel in distress?

I hope not, cause thats not the case.

Though my head is hung, my eyes are lifted. I can still see through you. I can still weed through and cut out and see clear. Though my back in to the point of breaking, Im still standing tall, looking you in the eye. Fear doesnt take a holiday, nor does my intuition. Both keep me grounded. Both keep me familiar. Both keep me reminded.

I may appear a lost soul, faltering on my path. But my feet, they continue to carry me forward. My determination undeterred. My stubbornness still intact. My temper still at the ready.

If you see me as a weak female, that would be a mistake. When you lose one sense, the others go on high alert.

Though I appear fragile, look closer and you'll see.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
posted by MsApples @ 3:57:00 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are in no way weak....
    and I am sure there are plenty who look to you for strength.

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger MsApples said…

    raven, so happy that i can lift those clouds

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger MsApples said…

    jack, i am weak, sometimes. just the reality of things

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER