The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Monday, June 11, 2007
faith

A sense of impending doom, hope and chance stared me in the face while sitting in the medical centers’ waiting room. I gazed into each of the women's faces. They sat there waiting for their name to be called. Each face had a story; each expression was different from the rest. One woman was in tears; another held her rosary and said her prayers…the couple sitting next to me held hands. They had to have been in their late 60’s or 70’s. He consoled her and gave her a kiss on her hand, what a tender moment that was…

I sat there and silently prayed. I was nursing a cup of hot black coffee, trying to hold back my tears. My sister was an emotional mess, this time the biopsy results would be closely attended to and would be rushed for analysis by the pathology department.

She’s been in there for more than an hour. Within that hours time, my daddy, my older sis, Antonio & Andre called. They wanted to know whether she was out yet…I didn’t have anything new to tell them…so I hung up, meditated, and downed over 6 cups of coffee…all different varieties, hazelnut, vanilla, espresso, and cappuccino. At one point, I just closed my eyes and I called upon the love and mercy of God…I asked Him to restore my faith…and make Mayra well.

We left today with high hopes that ALL will be fine. The doctor and nurse that were with her gave her hope that the nodules/masses/cysts were too circular and much too defined to be cancer…BUT with our family history, one can’t ever be too sure.

*SIGH*

I am coming off my caffeine high…I am feeling lethargic...

Besos mi gente…

posted by MsApples @ 8:49:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER