The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Saturday, January 26, 2008
great girlfriends...

I didn't feel much like writing yesterday. My school day was uneventful to say the least, no surprises...just another day, well at least until 1:00 p.m. My attorney called to confer and confirm about my mediation session on Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.

SIDEBAR: I thought for SURE that since HE had JUST gotten out of the hospital on Wednesday that he would cancel all legal preceedings, and leave things well enough alone. BUT NOOOOOO!

My ex-husband and I have to participate in a court-ordered mediation meeting where ALL parties and their attorneys attend. It's a two hour session at $275.00 an hour!!! It's funny how my ex-husband would rather spend all this money on attorney fees, than give it to his kids in child support. Now, if he was the only one forking up that kind of change wouldn't bother me in the least...BUT what's really fucked up about it is I have to also fork up for one hour of those sessions! You know how hard it is for me to make $275.00? You know how many hours of tutoring go into that? That $275.00 isn't even equivalent to my daily pay rate as a teacher! GRRRRRRR I digress, but this is something that really angers me to no end.

Anywho, I was not going to let mediation proceedings mess up my Friday, I had made plans to go out with the chicas after work. We all chilled, all 10 of us at my chicas new casa. Teri's new house is AWESOME! We all brought a dish and/or dessert, while she provided all the drinks. We literally let our hair down and had a blast. We talked about everything under the sun... men, sex, love, friends, books, politics, kids, EVERYTHING!

This is exactly what I needed yesterday. I needed to be around my chicas, my friends and connect to them. I needed social interaction with other women...we all share something...we have a bond. I loved the energy, I loved the realness. It was wonderful to feel the compassion and love.

SIGH

Well, onto the daily grind of being a mom....let's see, I'm off to do the laundry, house cleaning, food shopping and goodness knows what else I'm forgetting! Have a beautiful & blessed Saturday, I'm out!

Besos mi gente...

posted by MsApples @ 5:51:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER