| Sunday, June 11, 2006 |
| Hanna-Barbera toons... |
I was on the phone with a friend last night and we got into the subject of cartoons! I was/am a lil stressed about this tropical depression out there--he was kind enough to keep me busy talkin on the phone for over 3 hours...
I decided that one of my most memorable cartoon characters was Snagglepuss. He had two catch-phrases "Heavens to Murgatroyd" and "Exit, stage left" that I still use to this day. My sons and my students know them oooh so very well!
Another of my fav characters was Penelope Pitstop. She first came out in the Wacky Races, they she got her own production...THE PERILS OF PENELOPE PITSTOP! Penelope was very girly-girl, very feminine in stereotyped ways -- flirty, concerned with her make-up, that sort of stuff. She was always being perscuted by the evil villain, Dick Dastardly. Oh and I LOVED and I mean LOVED her car. It had all these fun James Bond buttons to touch, hit, pull that would do all sorts of crazy things.
Magilla Gorilla anyone? C'mon that was my boy right there! Magilla was a resident of Peebles Pet Store. Mr. Peebles, the owner, had been tryin desperately to sell him since the lovable anthropoid was a baby. Magilla's asking price got lower and lower, as the big ape spent his days eating up most of the store's profits. People would occasionally buy Magilla for various purposes (such as to turn loose and hunt down as a trophy, or for use as an experimental animal), but what with one mishap or another he'd always wind up back at the store by the end of each cartoon. The only one who actually wanted him for a pet was a little girl named Ogee, but she could never scrape together enough money, no matter how inexpensive he got..."Won't you buy him, take him home and try him. Magilla Gorilla for sale" oooh those were the days mi gente!!!
Last but not least...Yogi Bear. Who in their right mind didn't love watching Yogi Bear? His range of operations was Jellystone National Park, where, to the chagrin of his constant companion, Boo-Boo, he spent his days stealing "pic-a-nic" baskets from tourists -- a practice his nemesis, Ranger John Smith, was never able to break him of.
Ahhh, there you have it...I have lots of other fav cartoon characters...but I decided to keep them to a minimum, if not this post would be never ending! The good ole days, the days of old, the days of no problems or worries...sigh
|
posted by MsApples @ 9:24:00 AM  |
|
|
|
|
| About Me |
|

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Counter |
|
| MsApples Publishing |
|
|
| Links |
|
|
| Powered by |
 |
|