The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
WELCOME BACK

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out...welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about.


First day back wasn't so bad if I do say so myself. We were welcomed back with a wonderful continental breakfast, juices and nice HOT cafe to sip on. We all sat around in the library chatting up a storm attempting to get caught up on all of our individual summer happenings. The library was a buzzin until we saw her...the NEW principal....she walked into the room with folders in hand, stopped by the cafe table and served herself a cuppa joe; walked towards the podium and bid all faculty & staff members a cordial 'WELCOME BACK'.

Hmmm, my first impression of our new principal?

She speaks well...a slight accent, good pronunciation. You can also tell that she takes her time in selecting her words thoughtfully and carefully. Her demeanor was very professional....she knew what she wanted to say and was prepared. She was dressed to kill. Beautiful peach linen suit, open toe sandals and minimal accessories. Her coif was simple...she had it pulled back in a pig tail and parted on the side; French manicure and pedicure sealed her look.

I know it only takes a couple of seconds to make a first impression ... I truly believe she met her goal this morning. She was able to interact with the faculty & staff; she answered our questions to the best of her ability and she appeared to know what needed to be done and what needed to be left alone. She is definitely wet behind the ears [this is her first assignment as principal], and I know she was probably shaking in her high heels [thank goodness that podium was there for her to hold on to], cuz we're a faculty comprised of 2 AP's, 95 teachers and 25 paraprofessionals that are all set in their ways.

P.S. [late afternoon] I got a buzz from the main office asking me to come and speak to the principal. I thought to myself, 'self, it's the first day back and you’re already being called into the principal's office?' Actually, she just wanted to introduce herself and congratulate me on the wonderful job I do with the school's web site. She said that her first impression of it was that the site was beautifully designed and executed, and that she personally wanted to meet and shake the person’s hand that made it look that good! HA HA HA Talk about making me feel proud of all of the extras I do at school...she stroked my ego and it felt pretty good.

Well, this is it for today--I'm crossing my fingers, saying a prayer and hoping that everything goes well for one and all this 2007-2008 school year.


Besos mi gente...

posted by MsApples @ 4:55:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER