The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
ya gotta have faith...
I woke up refreshed and ready for my scheduled mediation today. I sent the boys on their merry way to school and I began my process of meditation and quiet time. I called my dad and asked him to pray with me [I'm kinda opinionated & vocal, just in case you haven't figured that one out yet], so that today's process would be just and fair. My dad is a great guy...since mom's passing, he's been there emotionally and spiritually for me.

I gathered all of my papers and files, shoved them in my briefcase, brought along my iPod, my latest novel and I zipped on out the door. I made my usual stop by Starbuck's and got a Venti instead of my usual Tall...I figured today I would need that extra jolt of caffeine to keep me alert and on my toes. I arrived at the mediator's office just a lil before 9:00 a,m. I was the first to arrive. I double-checked that I had everything with me. The receptionist took me to the office, and offered me something to drink, I said "no" and thanked her. The office had a wonderful view of the Miami skyline. I tried to take a picture with my camera phone, but the reflection from the window didn't show it justice.

My attorney arrived, my ex-husband's attorney arrived around the same time. Everyone said their pleasantries, smiled, and waited for my ex-husband. The mediator, walked in, introduced himself and said that once my ex arrived we would get started. Well, 9:30 rolls around, he's not there...9:45 rolls around, he'e still hasn't arrived. SIGH WHAT GIVES HERE? I can see his attorney on the cell phone, she quickly blurts out..."He's five minutes away, we will start as soon as he arrives". "Hey, not fair" I say, we were told 9:30 why can't he ever be on time for anything. The mediator, taps me on the hand, and says, "don't worry, Neyda, I won't begin to charge you until 10:00". Hmmm, sigh of relief on my part...I was trying to quickly calculate in my head uhhhhh 4 divided into 275.....what a maroon that man is, he'll probably be late to his own funeral.

He arrives to the office. When my attorney turns around and sees him, she becomes quite peeved. "Neyda, he's wearing his police uniform and he is ARMED, is he trying to be intimidating here"? I chuckle, "yes, that's exactly what he's going for, don't let it bother you". She went back and forth saying that she didn't feel safe knowing he was armed...yada yada yada. But the mediator felt it wasn't a big deal and we should get started. YIPPPPPIE LET's DO THIS.

He officially introduced himself, told us what his role would be as our mediator, and gave us the advantages for coming to mediation in contrast to not and prolonging the legal process.

Each of the attorney's spoke on their clients behalf, and then we broke into groups. The mediator met with us first. He looked at our financial affidavits, saw what was within the child support guidelines, and said, this is the amount legally due to your children. That's fine, I wasn't asking for anything more than what was expected. Other minor details were spoken of and then he left the room to go and mediate with my ex and his attorney...he want back and forth 4 times. They didn't want this, I wouldn't budge. I wanted retroactive, my kids deserved retroactive, especially after what I saw he made in 2007....SHEESH, don't come EVER come crying to me that your broke!!!

The mediator came in the last time with a smile on his face. "Neyda, we've reached an agreement, I will draw up the papers". ALRUGHTY I signed what I had to sign. The child support will be taken out of his check and directly deposited into my account on a weekly basis, and retro pay MUST be made in 2 payments. One in April and the other in August.

I smiled...paid my fee, kissed my attorney and told her that I would see her next week...and walked out of the office!

Life is good....things worked out accordingly...simply because...

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who, have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8: 28

SIGH

Besos mi gente, I am going to take the boys
out to dinner tonight...

posted by MsApples @ 9:05:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER