The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Friday, February 01, 2008
(pouting)


I busted my ass at school this morning. I was getting out of the car, Starbucks in tow and SPALT...CRASH...I ate the dayum asphalt. One of the custodians was out and about and said he tried to get to me before I landed, but he just wasn't that quick. I truly believe it could have been worse. Part of me landed on my purse (THANK GOD FOR HUGE PURSES) which somewhat lessened the impact.

Anywho, I twisted my ankle and scraped my right knee. My right foot big toe nail was chipped (I just got a pedicure yesterday too) and I tore my jeans at the knee. The school nurse put an ice pack on my ankle and knee and the school secretary wrote up the accident report. In my twenty years with Dade County schools, I've never had to write one up for myself, although I've done a gazillion for the students. They asked me if I wanted to go to the Workmen's Comp clinic to get it checked out...I told them no. The secretary insisted that if tomorrow it was still hurting, that she would type out all the info for me so that I could go in without a problem.

I left school early today, since there were no students in school, it was a teacher planning day. I'm home with my knee on ice...took an Aleve and I think I'm going to take a nap. I'm not 15 anymore, and these twisted tumbles take a toll on this 46 year old body!

Besos mi gente...

posted by MsApples @ 8:45:00 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER