The Apple Orchard
 
musings, chronicles, commentaries, bitchins & ramblins of a lost, but lovin 40 somethin year old soul...come take a bite
Monday, August 20, 2007
first day...
The first full day of school is now firmly under my belt, and it feels mighty fine.

The day went by quickly, as I went over the classroom rules, passed out books, covered all the basics and attempt to learn/remember the names of all my kiddies. I love my 5th graders, my 4th graders are cute, but I simply ADORE my third graders! There is something about that age that keeps them 'sweet and innocent'...well at least for awhile! I have two boys that I am truly in love with. Their personalities and sense of humor are captivating. One is from Cuba and the other is from Dominican Republic. Their English is close to nil, but I see these boys becoming fluent English speakers in no time.

On the home front, I am officially the proud mami of a high school junior and sophomore. My chicos got to school on time and appeared to have had a great day. Those two were up at 4:45 a.m. making sure they were looking sharp and ready to make the chicas melt...HA HA HA. Right now, they are both taking 'naps', can you believe that? What a bunch of wusses...sheeesh I don't take naps and I'm an old lady!

I'm in the midst of making dinner. I'm making arroz con salchichas [translation: rice with vienna sausages], green plantains, and fresh Cuban bread to fill our bellies! Wish you were here to sit and share dinner with us. YUMM-O

Well, I am off to the garage and finish up a load of laundry...hmmm for some reason, laundry multiplies on its own....why? why?

TTYL, besos mi gente..
posted by MsApples @ 6:01:00 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: MsApples
Home: Miami, Florida, United States
About Me: 46 year old NYC Cuban Love Goddess, now residing in MIA, divorced, mom to 2 teenagers, overworked & underpaid educator to loving, yet outta control students...I am intelligent, creative, sexy, compassionate, funny, sarcastic, loving, fucked up, romantic, spontaneous, moody at times, confused, confusing, a bit geeky, helpful and helpless at times, a good listener and a good friend.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Counter

MsApples Publishing
www.flickr.com

This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called MsApples' fotos. Make your own badge here.

Links

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER